I was at a girls’ night out recently, and brought some of my own gluten free vegan goodness along, raw carrots and broccoli with a white bean dip I made from scratch. It got rave reviews, and the recipe was requested by everyone. I know I’m not doing recipes on here much anymore, but this is super easy and super good–and perfect for those social events like book clubs. So I had to share on here as well as with my friends.
I got this from an issue of Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food. The recommend serving is with veggie chips. I prefer actual veggies. When I make this, I tend to make a double or triple batch, so there’s enough for everyone. Following is my own version of the original recipe.
Herbed White Bean Dip
- 1 can (15oz) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2-3 tbsp fresh lemon juice (I split it–half lemon juice, half apple cider vinegar.)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped (Forget that! Use as much garlic as you want! I do.)
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped, plus sprigs for garnish (I was out of fresh rosemary once, so I used dried parsley instead. It tasted good to me. )
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
- coarse salt and ground black pepper
1) In a food processor (or in a bowl, using an immersion blender–my preference. less cleanup.), combine beans, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, red-pepper flakes, and 2 tbsp water.
2) Process until very smooth, about 1 minute, scraping down bowl as needed. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh rosemary and red-pepper flakes, if desired.
See? Extremely easy to make, and extremely tasty (and healthy) to eat. Do yourself a favor and make some now!